Sunday, January 16, 2011

High Traffic Murder

This is going to be a more gloomy type of post.  I have been listening to little snippets of the 'Tragedy in Tuscon" and it made me think....what if someone was murdered in a high traffic area with nobody else around?  How would they be able to find who the murderer was?  For instance, say someone was in Wal-Mart or some other big retail company and, for some odd reason, nobody else was around.  Maybe the store was already closed...who knows.  The murderer knew what they were doing and killed cleanly and meticulously...but they forgot about one thing...to wear gloves.  Now, think about how many people are at a big retail store each day...500 or more right?  They're touching everything and checking different products out so there are fingerprints all over the place.  So, when the investigators come in to gather evidence, how will they know which fingerprints are which?  Do some fade with time?  Can they tell how long the fingerprints have been there?  It's just some random question that popped into my head yesterday.   

2 comments:

  1. I think they would probably search for prints around the vicinity (oo big words) of where the murder was and then look for suspicious shit. Y know? I always wondered that too. How would they determine which ones to use? Maybe they bring in the people with suspicious prints and then interrogate them or something.
    KARI YOU SHOULD KNOW ALL ABOUT THIS! You were the one who got me into the CSI games! hah
    little miss forensics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I don't know what it is about forensics but I am obsessed with crime investigations! My new favorite show to watch though (besides ONE TREE HILL) is Law & Order: Special Victims Unit!!!

    ReplyDelete

Any opinions?