Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lucky Fish

One thing that I have pride in about myself is how big of a heart I possess.  This is a short little story that happened Sunday that shows you a snippet of how emotionally invested I am with the world!

I'm not sure if I have ever spoke about my work.  If I haven't, I work at a retail store in the Customer Service area.  We handle money transactions, but our top priority are returns.  There was a woman who came in to return a dead fish that she had purchased around two weeks ago.  She had mentioned to me that she was going to go back and buy another one.  I finished the transaction and told her to have a great day and she went on her merry way.  Not even FIVE minutes later, she came back and told another one of my associates that she had just purchased the wrong color fish.  I then intervened and let the customer know that we are not able to put the fish back into the fish tank.  We will have to dispose of it and I really did not want that to happen.  She seemed concerned as well and made a quick phone call only to tell us that (the person on the phone) didn't want that color.  Apologizing over and over again, she left and headed towards the fish tanks yet again.  I picked up the plastic bag to my eye level and looked in it only to see this beautiful, tiny neon pink fish!  My break time was a couple minutes after that and so I called my Mom and asked her what she thought about the idea of me taking it home with me!  We decided almost immediately that this lucky fish was coming home with me!  Mom and I then decided to buy two more fish to keep the pink one company!  We gained three REALLY COOL fish and three got a home and one life was saved! 

By the way, I decided to name the pink one Sweetheart, the yellow one Sunshine, but I'm not sure about the third one.  It is a peachy color!  Any suggestions?!?!

So, I suppose you'd like to see what type of fish I got?  Well, they are called Glow Fish and they look like this:


This one looks like Sweetheart!

This one looks like Sunshine!

Thinking of the name Neoni!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any opinions?