Monday, February 14, 2011

Walk...Love Isn't A Race!!!

Getting married after knowing a person for less than a year.................WHAT'S THE POINT?!?!  Getting engaged after knowing a person for less than a year...............WHAT'S THE POINT?!?!  Sure, some people get extremely lucky with this but, most couples only last for a couple years and then they are going through a D-I-V-O-R-C-E!!!  So, what's the point?  I think that most people who get engaged so quick and carelessly mostly want to prove a point.  That their love CAN last when they jump into things.  They want to show the skeptics that they can beat the odds.  I know of women that have threatened their men to get engaged.  Do they realize that their engagement (and possibly marriage) is based on an emotional beat down?  You shouldn't ever have to threaten to get a husband.  That shows complete insecurity and most importantly...it is NOT REAL LOVE!!!  I know people who have jumped into marriage.  One impulsively married their on and off again high school sweetheart secretly at a court house a year or so ago.  UPDATE:  They were divorced less than three months later!!!  Another person is only engaged but...that relationship is moving too fast.  They haven't even been together for a year!!!  These people that got married too fast or too young will find out soon enough that it was a DUMB IDEA!!!  They will get their hearts broken and they will have to start all over again.

I have been with my boyfriend for almost two years now.  I love him with all my heart and there is nobody else in the WORLD I would rather be with.  Honestly...not even Johnny Depp or Ryan Reynolds!!!  NOBODY!!!  He makes me feel beautiful.  He treats me with respect.  He makes me laugh.  He loves me for who I am.  He surprises me with presents.  I could go on and on and ON about the love of my life but...I would be here for another few hours more than likely.  Yes, I want to marry him someday but not now.  I feel secure in our relationship.  I don't need to rush because I know he's going to be with me no matter what.  I don't have to threaten him or get engaged after a few months of being with him.  I want to make our relationship work unlike most love-starved people.  I am looking forward to the day when I say, "I Told You So!"  It's sad but true!  So get the point now before you make a terrible mistake and..........WALK DON'T RUN!!!  LOVE ISN'T AND SHOULD NEVER BE A RACE!!!  Now I am going to go to bed since I am starting to fall asleep while I am writing this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any opinions?