Monday, February 7, 2011

Three Men and a Girl

Last Monday morning I woke up to it snowing profusely.  My boyfriend just got home from work and told me that the roads were terrible.  He only has to drive like fifteen minutes.  I had class at 12:30 that afternoon and I was still at home.  My College is 1 1/2 hours away so, I made the decision to stay home.  I have a night class on Monday as well but I didn't want to miss both classes.  I left around 2.  When I got to the parking lot, the snow was all over the place.  I could barely drive around to find a parking spot.  I almost got stuck just doing that.  Then, when I was going back around to the best (and easiest) parking spot, there was a damn jeep parked in a NON parking area RIGHT in the middle of the road. I had to try and back up to turn around and go the other way.  Tough luck.  I got stuck BAD. It took me probably like fifteen minutes going in drive and then in reverse to try and get out of the spot I was in.  While I was working on getting unstuck an older gentleman, probably in his 50s, was walking towards my car.  'Awesome' I thought.  He is going to be nice and help me.  Nope!  He talked to me for a quick second.  He said the jeep wasn't his and I told him that I was stuck and he was walking away and said something like 'Yeah, I've got to try and get my car out.'  No help...notta.  RUDE!  While I was still working on getting un-stuck the asshole owner of the jeep got in his car and drove away.  I showed him my middle finger as he drove away without a care in the world.  I was boiling at this point!  I finally got out of my snowed in rut and got to the the parking spot and got stuck pulling into it.  After a few frustrating minutes of trying to get out of THAT, two men who were walking into the building turned around and asked if I wanted help.  While they were helping me, another man and a girl had just parked and were walking towards the building and she saw us and asked if we needed a shovel.  She had one in her car!  I, being dumb, did not.  So, they went and grabbed the shovel and now three of the men were helping.  I had one get behind the wheel and two were pushing behind.  After probably 45 minutes, they were FINALLY able to get the car in the parking spot.  One of the original two guys said right before they left, "I hope you don't have to drive anywhere anytime soon."  THANK YOU THREE MEN AND A GIRL!  I ended up missing my class still but, at least there were people there to help!  Phew...what a relief!       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any opinions?